Easy Coconut Macaroons
Super-simple, gluten-free recipe for coconut macaroons. Energy packed, and only 5 main ingredients. It’s a no-fail recipe that can be used creatively.
Write a review
- 1 14-ounce package shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of the coconut mixture - 1 inch apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake till golden brown around the edges. 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving (or eating).
- Optional additions: Cocoa powder, chocolate chips, dried cherries, nuts, orange zest, lemon zest, lavender, cinnamon, grated carrot, or apple. Use your imagination. Macaroons store well and stay moist. Enhance your macs by dipping or drizzling chocolate on the finished product. Great holiday gift!
My Mystic Mama http://www.mymysticmama.com/