THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
SORRY SORRY...NO EXCUSE. I AM THEE WORST AT FOLLOWING A CALENDER, CLOCK...ALL OF IT. I BARELY KNOW WHAT MONTH IT IS SOMETIMES. USE TO BE FUNNY, BUT....NOT WHEN PEEPS ARE WAITING TO FIND OUT IF THEY WON SOMETHING OR NOT! THAT'S NOT FUNNY! MY APOLOGIES, AND.......WITHOUT FURTHER ADO.....THE WINNER OF THE KIDCO BABY FOOD MILL IS #38 HANNA!
Much Thanks to everyone that partook in this giveaway!!! I wish I could make all of you winners, bcuz I appreciate you all!
HANNA girl.....you have 48 hours to contact me to confirm with shipping information. Please & Thank you. AND CONGRATS, you'll love it!
Kidco was gracious enough to send me one of their Deluxe Baby Food-Mills to review. Thanks Kidco! My mom had one of these for my brother and sister growing up, and I remember how fun it was. And handy! It was one of the must-haves on my list for baby James. I was very excited when Kidco accepted my offer for a review & giveaway! So, one lucky winner will receive this great, little, handy device to make up their own deliciously, fresh baby food!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE KIDCO BABY FOOD MILL:
- It's manual! It doesn't plug in, and it doesn't take batteries. Although they do offer an electric mill (which I'm sure is fabulous). I love manual gadgets, bcuz I'm a bit of a survivalist at heart. If the power goes out, I like to have things that still work! Manual means you can throw it in your baby bag, and no matter where you happen to be...you're only seconds away from healthy, fresh baby food!
- It packs away neatly in it's own little carrying case, with room for spoons, wipes, etc. The case is soft, sturdy, and easy to wipe clean.
- The design is simple and easy to use. Only 3 parts, that easily rinse clean, but can also, safely be put in the
- Simplest gadget ever! Add whole food and grind. It's that simple.
- Make just enough for a single serving, or spend a few hours preparing a feast of foods to freeze and have on hand, anytime.
- You control the ingredients!!!! This is the BEST part! You can buy the highest quality, organic, freshest ingredients, especially for baby, or mill up whatever you happen to be eating! Chicken & broccoli? Steak & carrots? (of course keeping in mind that baby can't handle the same amount of spices, herbs, salt, etc). It's a great way to use up all those fruits and veggies! As baby gets older...the recipes can become more complex.
- Makes baby a more adventurous eater!
- BPA/PHTHALATE FREE
- If you have older children...they love being able to use the food-mill to help make baby food for their younger brother or sister! It's fun!
James is still pretty much on first-stage, single foods. The great thing about the Kidco Baby Food Mill is that I control the recipes! I know what he likes, and what his system can handle at the moment...then it's mix and match. Buying jarred food at the grocery, I'm limited to single foods like squash, carrots, or apples. The food mill allows me to offer James FRESHER foods that aren't available in pre-packaged form. I've made him apple-banana with oatmeal, avocado and pears, mango-rice & spinach, and last night he had chicken and okra.
One thing I've noticed about the home milled food is that he loves it! He doesn't make those 'icky' faces, and spit it out....like he does with the jarred, grocery versions. He actually gobbles it up with a vengeance! He gets excited when the food mill comes out, and starts fussing for a feeding. James doesn't like the jarred sweet potato, squash, or peaches...but he loves them homemade with the baby food mill! I can attest to the fact that the home-milled food taste 100% better! The energy is better! It's not watery, has no added sour, citric-acid to keep it's color fresh "looking", and all the vitamins, minerals, natural sugars, and fibers are present in the homemade versions. Not over-pasteurized, with added nutrients, and sitting on a shelf for God knows how long.
You choose what goes into your baby's tummy! I can't say enough great things about the Kidco Baby Food Mill!
Up until I received the food mill, I was using my spice-grinder. Not the worst option, but messy. And, it doesn't handle watery-foods well. Large food processors are, well...........too large. And again......too bulky. Neither are fit for throwing in your bag and taking along with you on an outing. The food mill is perfect to bring along to visit friends or family, or to a restaurant. It's not hard to request food be specially prepared without seasonings or sauces. And you don't have to worry about cleaning up after preparing the food. The mill comes with a lid, so even if you're not someplace where you can easily rinse it out; just pop the top on, put it back in the (soil-proof) case, and clean it when you get home.
The only thing I'll mention as a warning here, bcuz I watched my friend using it in frustration....is that..........you're making BABY food. It has to be a nice, smooth pasty product! My friend added a whole, chunk of chicken to the mill and grunted and groaned, and eventually gave up when pureed chicken didn't come spewing out of the top! LOL. One good thing I can say is, she didn't break it! She's a big girl, that doesn't know here own (brute) strength...and the thing held solid! I took it away from here, chopped up the chicken, gently applied pressure, while cranking....and viola! Chicken dinner for baby James! He loved it! It's not something that can be rushed. It only takes a minute or so, but in this fast-paced world...sometimes that's too long. If you're one of those people that likes a machine to do the work for you, then I'd suggest the electric mill. I like being part of the process. Something about milling by hand makes it feel more natural and healthy, and I can imbue it with lots of extra love in that minute!!! 😉
GREAT COMBINATIONS THAT JAMES-FALCON LOVES
APPLES-OATMEAL-RAISIN, YELLOW SQUASH-CHICKEN, MANGO-RICE, PLUM-BEEF-PEPPERS, AVOCADO-BANANA, PEAS-PAPAYA
BROCCOLI-CHICKEN-CHICKPEAS, SWEET POTATO-PEAR, BANANA-OATMEAL-BLUEBERRY, PORK-APPLES-PRUNES
FOODS TO AVOID DURING THE FIRST YEAR (AT LEAST)
PEANUTS, NUTS, SHELLFISH, EGGS, COW'S MILK, CORN, WHEAT, HONEY
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE A KIDCO BABY FOOD MILL OF THEIR VERY OWN
SAME AS PICTURED ABOVE. BABY-STEPS DELUXE FOOD MILL WITH TRAVEL TOTE
- MANDATORY ENTRY -
TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR GREAT BABY PRODUCTS! CHECK OUT THEIR NATURAL FEEDING SYSTEM, THEIR GREAT SAFETY GATES & BEDRAILS, AND THEIR COOL-AS-HECK "PEAPOD" SLEEPING SYSTEM!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL (3 ENTRIES)
FOLLOW ME GFC (2 ENTRIES)
This giveaway will end on September 25th, 2010 at midnight, EST. Winner to be chosen by random.org.
Winner has 48 hours to respond from initial contact or a new winner will be chosen.